Category Manager - Group Procurement
Are you an experienced Category Manager with excellent project management, negotiating & stakeholder management skills ? Do you have experience in designing, implementing and maintaining a procurement process within Professional Services? Now almost two years after the merger between BinckBank and Saxo Bank, we are in an exciting phase where we are builiding a procurment framework for the entire bank in order to drive a top notch Procurement department ; including an excellent process for the procurement of consultants. If you would like to be part of this journey, then apply and we will contact you.
The Category Manager works in Group Procurement, which is growing and currently consist of a small team in Copenhagen (HQ) and Amsterdam . The Category Manager reports to the CPO. The team is part of the Finance department of Saxo Bank.
The Procurement Category Manager has 2 primary focus areas:
1. Tasks & Responsibilities Category Manager Professional Services:
- Ongoing support of the business. Negotiating competitive consultant agreements that adheres to policy and guidelines relevant for consultants in Saxo Bank.
- Design, implement and maintain the Procurement Process for all consultants at BinckBank and Saxo Bank. Align processes in the recently merged organizations to an efficient and value adding process ensuring compliance and minimizing risk.
- Initiate, develop and manage framework contracts covering hiring consultants while ensuring the best cost / service efficiency to the business.
- Guiding BinckBank stakeholders towards the new way of working when hiring consultants.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the business to become the single point of contact on all commercial and supplier performance matters for this category.
2. Team member Group Procurement:
- Procure a variety of goods and services associated primarily but not exclusively with our IT activities on an international scale. This role involves the tendering, negotiating and setting up of agreements and ideally reduce costs. Working as well as independently as together with the other Procurement colleagues.
Overall Procurement tasks applicable to primary focus areas:
- Driving standardization of processes and operations, ensuring compliance to Procurement policy by educating and maintaining engagement with the stakeholders
- Developing relationships with all stakeholders, encouraging stakeholders to engage earlier in the process to enable a bigger procurement impact
- Consolidate a large vendor base to facilitate more strategic supplier relationships and leverage greater value and minimize contractual risk.
- Use professional knowledge to draft fit for purpose contractual documentation. Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on contractual terms and best practice contract management methodologies, working with legal, financial and HR colleagues where required.
- Realize cost savings and cost reduction.
As a category manager, you have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Execution of Vendor Selection Process as a procurement/ sourcing manager
- Procurement and consolidation of Professional/ Advisory Services Spend
- Procurement and consolidation of IT consultants Spend specifically
- Reference toBelow Skills and Experiences section
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant procurement experience
- Work in a very dynamic international environment who is recently merged.
- Experience with IT related goods and services (hardware, software, and cloud)
- Experience with procuring Consultancy Services
- Good communication and negotiation ability, strong data analytical and logic reasoning ability
- Have strong analytical talents
- The ability to recognize and implement cost saving strategies and ways to generate profit
- Understand and can execute strategy while also focusing on details.
- An "outside the box thinker" with a "can do" attitude
- Team player
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office packages
BinckBank offers a good salary, in addition to a non-contributory pension, 27 vacation days and full access to online training platforms like Pluralsight to train your technical skills and GoodHabitz for your softer skills. You work in a beautiful modern office with a view of the Zuidas, right next to the NS Station RAI, with a company canteen where the most delicious and healthy dishes are prepared for you daily.
But in addition to good food, we also think about your fitness: free sports (boat camps, kickboxing, cycling, running, yoga) with the BootCamp club, and sponsored fitness. And of course: the Friday afternoon drink with free snacks and drinks in our bar (with pool table, dart board and roof terrace)!
If you would like to respond, we would like to receive your CV and a short motivation in which you indicate why this position suits you completely!
BinckBank, founded in 2000, is an independent online bank for investors. An organization that fits its time by giving investors the opportunity to make their own independent choices, through a complete web-based and mobile application. We have the ambition to become the largest online bank for investors in Europe. We already are the number one online bank for investors in the Netherlands and Belgium. And with our rapidly growing activities in Belgium, France, Italy and Spain, we are well on our way to achieving our goal. In addition, our strength has been increased as BinckBank is part of the Danish company Saxo Bank since September 2019.
We are proud of who we are; driven, down-to-earth and sober. We want to be challenged, develop and ultimately be the best. We are always willing to take an extra step, for each other and especially for our customers. Because we want to continue to amaze with our good service and excellent products.