The Portfolio Manager has to make sure the portfolio of epics (projects) is executed in line with the strategy of the bank. Execution of the strategy is about the most efficient and effective allocation of resources to achieve the strategic goals. By providing analysis and insight, decision making is facilitated on Steering Committee level and helps the change organisation level to move forward. The Agile Portfolio Manager will bridge the gap between strategy and execution.
The portfolio should be constructed in such a way it accomplishes the shortest sustainable lead-time in the delivery of products and services, whereby the delivery of value for our customers, shareholders and regulators is key.
Portfolio Management services and facilitates all the departments in the change organisation primarily, but it maintains the overall (helicopter) view for the bank as a whole on the progress of the strategy implementation. The change organisation would at least include ICT, Product Owners and (ICT) project management.
We are ideally looking for a (former) consultant with agile experience or experienced scrummaster. The candidate is expected to further shape this role for the future where teams will operate on a stand-alone basis. Are you able to take on this role within this most interesting fintech for online brokerage, asset management and savings?
The Agile Portfolio Manager ensures, above all, for a unified view of all epics of the 12 product teams. Additionally, he/she ensures that this view is clearly communicated to all levels within the company. On a day-by-day basis he/she ensures that dependencies and impediments between product teams and/or other departments are managed. To some extent, the role can be seen as being a scrummaster for the product teams.
- Establishes and communicates an up-to-date portfolio overview of all 12 product teams, which is supported by the organisation.
- Ensures dependencies between product teams and/or other departments are managed.
- Drives portfolio epics that are executed across the various customer teams, if not via the establishment of a portfolio Kanban.
- Supports in strategy and investment funding: i.e. the assessment of business cases or the allocation of funds to the various value streams, if not via agile budgeting.
- Escalate and track impediments on value stream or portfolio level.
- Continiously improve portfolio processes.
- Prepare portfolio management meetings, gather data to support decision making process including metrics in order to be able to steer on value.
- Plan and facilitate program increment planning meetings.
- Responsible for documentation of meetings and portfolio admin.
The Agile Portfolio Manager reports to the Head of Project & Portfolio Management. In your day to day activities you work closely with the product owners, project managers, the business but also staff departments. You have a facilitating role towards the directors and customer teams.
In order to be successful the following knowledge & experience is required:
- Able to manage stakeholders on all levels in the organisation
- Able to manage and drive change
- Experience as a portfolio manager in an Agile environment. Aware of different needs in the different change frameworks for adding value to our customers, shareholders and regulators.
- Certified or willing to do so, e.g. Management of Portfolios, P3O or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Affinity with ICT
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Education: Master level
You recognize yourself in the following:
- Great communicator, taking into account the different levels parties operate on and what way there is being communicated.
- Able to get things done by approaching stakeholders in an appropriate manner, by building (functional) relationships, to maintain those relationships and actually benefit from those relationships.
- Determine goals and priorities in an effective way by determining actions, available time and resources.
- Able to develop a clear view on how to reach goals and the fulfilment of needs in the mid –and long term.
- Able to simplify complex matters and turn them into useful information which forms input for decision making.
- Recognises important information, able to establish relations between data and has the ability to generate creative or alternative solutions and elaborates on the consequences involved.
- Realises results in a timely matter and does not give up until those results are reached.
BinckBank offers you a good salary, non-contributory pension, 27 vacation days, and an extensive offer on courses. You will work in a nice modern office viewing the Zuid-as, right next to NS Train station Rai, and a great company canteen.
But, we also think about your health: free sporting (boot camping, kick boxing, biking, running, yoga) with the BootCamp club, and sponsored fitness. And, of course: Friday afternoon drinks with free snacks and drinks in our bar (with pool table, dartboard and roof terrace)!
More information on BinckBank and our vacancies you can find on www.werkenbijbinck.nl or www.werkenbijbinck.nl/en!
When you would like to apply for this job, we invite you to apply through “Online Solliciteren” with your resume and short motivation.